This one is a great insecticide, but be careful because it can be dangerous. This is definitely an old recipe, but is probably the easiest one to make. It can be used in flower gardens, but I highly recommend NOT using it in your vegetable garden. You can use it to eliminate any insect pest around your home. My grandfather used to get pretty mad at my grandmother for using up his cigars, but at least there was no insects around our home.
Please, please, please be very careful with this mixture, especially around children.
4 large cigars or one can chewing tobacco
1 gallon water
1. Take the cigars or can of tobacco and put into a cheesecloth or muslin cloth pouch.
2. Put the pouch into large 1 or 2 gallon glass jar (with lid). Pour water into jar and set out in the open like you would with sun tea. Let set for at least a day or until the water is dark brown.
3. Strain the mixture through another piece of cheesecloth or muslin to make sure to remove all debris. Pour strained mixture into 1 gallon pump sprayer and spray affected areas until it runs off.
4. If your house is infested with insects, spray this mixture around the perimeter of your home, onto the foundation and out about 2 feet.
5. Nicotine is a very dangerous chemical and care should be taken when using this mixture. I recommend wearing unlined rubber gloves when handling. It is indiscriminate and kills all insects, including honey bees.